Thank you to the more than 200 Ward 4 residents who joined our Listen As We Climb community listening sessions in January-February 2023. The ideas, feedback, and priorities that you shared at these events are already shaping my work on the Council and in our Ward 4 community.
Dear Ward 4 Neighbors, I’m excited to announce my Listen As We Climb listening tour is back for its third year! This year, these community-led conversations will be held in-person throughout the ward, in addition to a virtual session for any who can’t join us for the other sessions. You can review a full schedule of those events below.
Every year, Listen As We Climb creates an opportunity for you to share your thoughts and concerns about our community and our city with me and with fellow neighbors. It is also a chance for you to hear what other Ward 4 residents want to see in our community, and for all of us to collectively plan for our work this year. What I hear from Ward 4 residents during Listen As We Climb shapes the work I do at Council: the legislation I introduce, the budget I advocate for, my oversight work with DC agencies, the constituent services we provide, and our efforts in the community. It also serves as an opportunity for me to keep our community updated on what’s happening in Ward 4 and at the DC Council.
With the recent increase in COVID cases, we will be taking the necessary precautions to ensure that these events are safe and accessible. Face Masks will be required for those in attendance and, for those not able to join in person, we will host a virtual meeting at the end of the month!
I hope you will review the schedule below and sign up to participate in your neighborhood’s listening session so that we can all Listen As We Climb.
- Thursday, Jan. 19 at 6:00pm: North Portal, Colonial Village, Shepherd Park & Parks at Walter Reed
- Sunday, Jan. 22 at 3:00pm: Lamond, Riggs Park & South Manor Park
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 6:30pm: Sixteenth Street Heights, Crestwood & Brightwood
- Thursday, Jan. 26 at 6:30pm: Takoma and Manor Park
- Monday, Jan. 30 at 6:30pm: Petworth and Brightwood Park
- Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 6:00pm: Chevy Chase, Barnaby Woods, and Hawthorne
- Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 7:00pm: Ward 4 Budget Forum + Virtual Listening Session, all are welcome! (Register on Zoom)