Over the coming weeks I will be hosting Listen As We Climb community listening sessions for every Ward 4 neighborhood to hear from neighbors and gather community input to shape our work on legislation, government oversight, and the DC budget.
This will be our fourth year gathering for Listen As We Climb events since 2020. Each year, the feedback we received from Ward 4 residents has led to new legislation and new budget investments on issues like education, abandoned vehicles, clean corridors, small business support, conflict resolution, and more. I also take the concerns I hear from neighbors and raise them directly with agency leaders during Performance Oversight and Budget Oversight Council hearings.
Please join us to share your ideas and make your voice heard.
I will also host a Ward 4 Community Safety Meeting on Thursday, January 18 from 6pm-8pm at EL Haynes PCS with DC public safety leaders to discuss safety issues in our community and strategies to address them.
Here are the dates and sign-up links for each event:
- Petworth and Brightwood Park on Tuesday, January 23 from 6:30pm-8:30pm at Roosevelt High School (4301 13th St NW)
- Takoma and Manor Park on Thursday, January 25 at 6:30pm-8:30pm at Coolidge High School (6315 5th St NW)
- Sixteenth Street Heights, Crestwood, and Brightwood on Monday, January 29 from 6:30pm-8:30pm at Brightwood Elementary (1300 Nicholson St NW)
- Chevy Chase, Barnaby Woods, and Hawthorne on Tuesday, January 30 from 6pm-8pm Lafayette-Pointer Recreation Center (5900 33rd St NW)
- North Portal, Colonial Village, Shepherd Park, and The Parks at Walter Reed on Wednesday, January 31 from 6:30pm-8:30pm at Shepherd Park Christian Church (7900 Eastern Ave NW)
- Lamond, Riggs Park, and South Manor Park on Saturday, February 3 from 2pm-4pm at Lamond Riggs Lillian J. Huff Library (5401 South Dakota Ave NE)
- Virtual Listen As We Climb Meeting for all of Ward 4 on Wednesday, February 7 from 6:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom
Please contact Barbara Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or requests. I look forward to seeing you!
2023 Listen As We Climb Events
Thank you to the more than 200 Ward 4 residents who joined our Listen As We Climb community listening sessions back in 2023. The ideas, feedback, and priorities that you shared at these events helped shape my work on the Council and in our Ward 4 community.